Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Sometimes, I’m really grateful that I still survive. Once I got a fever when I was a child. I told my parents but they were watching TV and didn’t bother it, so they just asked me to take the medicine in the drawer. I saw the medicine and I was sure that’s for stomachaches. However, they insisted it worked. I took it and, of course, it was ineffective. I believe there has been something guarding me. If not, I would have died long ago.

This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Sometimes, I’m really grateful that I'm still alive. survive. Once I got a fever when I was a child. I told my parents but they were watching TV and didn’t weren't bothered by it, so they just asked me to take the medicine in the drawer.

I saw the medicine and I was sure that’s for stomachaches.
I don't understand. Did you have a fever or a pain in your stomach?

Did you find a medicine that you knew was for stomach ache (note that that's two words), but your parents insisted that it would be effective against your fever?

Did you find a medicine that you knew was for stomach ache (note that that's two words), but your parents insisted that it would be effective against your fever?
Yes. 🤣

You told your parents you had a fever, and they said, "Go try that stuff in the medicine cabinet" or something like that. Is that right?

It didn't help your fever because it was the wrong kind of medicine for that. The medicine they told you to use was for stomach aches. Is that right?

I saw the medicine and I was sure that’s it's for stomach aches. However, they insisted it worked for a fever too. I took it and, of course, it was ineffective. I believe there has been something guarding me. If not, I would have died long ago.

I saw the medicine, and I was sure it was for stomach aches, but they insisted that it would work on fever too.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back