Hello! Please help me with the expression "give a damn". If i say I don't give a damn it means I don't care?
***** NOT A TEACHER *****
Good afternoon, Fate.
(1) Kindly remember that Americans still consider this a rude word.
(2) If you say this to your boss, you will probably not have a job the
(3) In the 1960's, I became angry and told some people to shut their
damn mouths. My boss told me never to say that again -- or....
(4) In 1939, this word was said for the first time in an American movie.
The people in the audience were shocked!!!
(5) Today if you say it, many people will think you are rude.
(6) So some people say, "I don't give a DARN!" ("Darn" is not considered
(7) My advice: Don't use "damn" or even "darn." And, of course, never
say , "I don't care" to your boss!
P. S. Nowadays, many Americans say:
I couldn't care less!
If you say this to someone, it will make that person very angry, too.
So you shouldn't say that, either!!! Don't say anything!!!
***** Have a nice day!