Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hello
I made a software and I want to say that my team and I

We don't stop at this level but we are going to improve the program to be a professional one and to compete with other programs in markets.

Is this correct?

Thanks

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello

We don't stop at this level but we are going to improve the program to be a professional one and to compete with other programs in markets.

Is this correct?

Thanks

I would say that you should explain what stage you have got to and then say "We won't stop there, but plan to improve our program so that it is very professional and competes with other programs on the market".

Over the top

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I mean my submitted software isn't the final because I am working within a time frame allocated but I'll extend my software after the graduation. What I mean by level is the current achievement.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I mean my submitted software isn't the final because I am working within a time frame allocated but I'll extend my software after the graduation. What I mean by level is the current achievement.

To me, a level is a recognised point on a scale. People study music, for example, from Level (or Grade) 1 up to 8.

It can mean a "grade" within a job - top-level civil servants.

However, if you are simply explaining that you have reached a certain point with your software, enough for graduation, but you intend to continue working on it in the future, I would still call it a "stage".

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
You can also say that:

In our strive for professional excellence, our software is continously being developed to keep up with the latest market trends to remain competitive.

not a teacher

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello

Is this correct?

Thanks
No you didn't; you made a software program/package/game... :) 'Software' is not countable. Internally, in IT, software developers talk about 'base-levels'; when I worked in that area, the team would 'cut a base-level' quite regularly - even daily in the weeks before going public. But I don't think this expression is widely used outside the industry. And why use a noun at all? 'My team and I don't want to stop at this, but...'

You can also say that:

In our striv[STRIKE]e[/STRIKE]ving ('strife' is not the same as 'striving'; strife is often unpleasant - like battle/hostility/enmity/bickering - unless it has an object or goal; 'One should strive for perfection.') You could also use another word entirely - 'efforts towards'? for professional excellence, our software is contin[STRIKE]ous[/STRIKE]ually* being developed to remain competitive.
[STRIKE]keep up with the latest market trends to [/STRIKE]What does this add?
not a teacher
*If development is continuous it goes on all the time. With software, customers would find that annoying. If the software is continually updated, the released versions are "..." rather than "____". From the developers point of view, work is continuous; but the market sees new releases as continually appearing.

b

Leandro-Z

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
In this context, it is "stage"

Status