Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's great to see your corrections! Speaking about With regard to the present perfect tense, I undoubtedly understand your suggestion regarding "... has edited ...". It means that so far the publishing house mentioned above has published many books and other editions items/products. However, now I am thinking wondering why we can't say talk about it just in the past tense as a fact. To me, they seem interchangeable in the this context, but I definitely trust you as a native speaker. "... has edited ..." must sound better to your ear as you're a native speaker.

The collocation "be still be in business" is new for me. I will remember it as I use such constructions quite often when speaking about something still going on. Is the phrase "... are currently working as well" is wrong or does it just sounds sound unnatural?
Note my corrections above.
There is no particular source from where which I've taken I took the sentence. It's just some a context I've I made up. OK, I will post some similar context below:

"I've I borrowed the phrase from one of the books on Technical English published in Moscow (Russian Federation) by one of its publishing houses. That publishing house has been editing and publishing books for a long time - since the end of the 1990s. The book on Technical English mentioned above came out in 2009. There are many publishing houses in Moscow that deal with technical literature and are operating at present. The publishing house called "Flinta" is currently working as well / still in business".

P.S.
I am permanently improving my skills and knowledge of English. I worked successfully as a tour guide with foreign tourists for about 10 ten years from 2010 till 2020 (among them were Americans, British people, Canadians, etc.). Also, I am currently teaching spoken English and Technical English. I've provided some info about myself just to introduce myself a little. :)
I cordially appreciate your help with and corrections.

If you're currently an English teacher, I suggest you amend your member profile to say "English teacher" instead of "Academic".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@emsr2d2 can do it, but she's a genius. However, it is hard for me to respond to such long posts. There is just too much to look at.

I don't know why you need to include so much autobiographical material.

milan2003_07

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation

If you're currently an English teacher, I suggest you amend your member profile to say "English teacher" instead of "Academic".

I've checked the suggested corrections above! My English is improving with your and my contributions.
Frankly speaking, I don't feel like changing my profile as in general I'm an academic, which includes teaching. I've checked my profile and it contains information that I'm also a teacher (in fact, both English and Russian teacher)