"The maps illustrate how Pebbleton was 20 years ago and now.Overall, Pebbleton has become not only more residential, but also more..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Igbo
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
I wrote this essay. Please, help me correct it.

The maps illustrate how Pebbleton was 20 years ago and now.

Overall, Pebbleton has become not only more residential, but also more child-friendly. A footbridge and recreation facilities have also been added.

A sea and a river partially surround Pebbleton. 20 years ago, in the east of the town, there were trees and a roundabout from which Old Fort Road and a roadbridge originated. Whereas Old Fort Road ran east-west and branched off to form Lighthouse Lane, the roadbridge ran southernly across the river, connecting to Coast Road, in the south. To the south of Coast Road was a school and several trees, and there were houses north of Lighthouse Lane, a rectangular playing field south of it, and a lighthouse, film studio, and Old Fort west of it.

Right now, however, although the lighthouse, school, trees, playing field, and roads have been left untouched, Old Fort and the film studio have been turned into a children's playground and flats respectively. Furthermore, more houses, tennis courts, a community centre, footbridge, and footpath have been constructed in the western section.
Source: me

please, help me review my map description.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221007-210534_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221007-210534_Chrome.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20221007-222745_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221007-222745_Chrome.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
For copyright reasons we need to know the source and author of all quoted material. If you wrote this yourself, please say so.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Igbo
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
For copyright reasons we need to know the source and author of all quoted material. If you wrote this yourself, please say so.
I wrote it, and I've indicated that.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I wrote it, and I've indicated that.
It would be a good idea to open such posts with "I wrote the following piece. Please help me by correcting it where necessary." That way, people don't have to get all the way to the end of the text before finding "Source: me".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

The maps indicate Pembleton 20 years ago compared to now.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"A footbridge and recreation facilities have also been added."

In addition to what?

I assume the footbridge and recreation facilities are new construction, but why do you say "have also been added" if nothing else is mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.