Student or Learner
Native Language
Igbo
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
I wrote this essay:

The maps illustrate Sawry District in 1920 and 2020.

Overall, a big office complex, apartment buildings and more road infrastructure have been added to the district.

In 1920, the district was divided into a northern and southern section by Oak Avenue, an east-west road that had shops and houses along it. Tulebug Bros. Cannery, a big factory with trees north and east of it, dominated the northwestern section, while the northeast had a side road with houses on its side and Elmwood River, which had a beach along it. In the southwest corner was Miller's Lake, with Prestwich Primary School north of it and many trees east of it. Furthermore, to the east of the school was an east-west side road connected to Oak Avenue.

By 2020, Yang Office Complex had replaced the factory, but the surrounding trees remained unchanged. In the northeast, houses were demolished so that the side road could be extended northward and so that an apartment building could be built along this road. Additionally, there was a bridge over the river and a bike path where the beach had been. Oak Avenue, the southern side road, and Miller's Lake stayed the same even though apartment buildings, more houses, and shops were constructed along this avenue. After the primary school was enlarged and relocated to the east of Miller's Lake, Lenoco Petrol Station was built in its former location; this relocation was made possible by clearing some southern trees.

No matter how hard I try to make mybmap descriptions concise, they are always more than 200 words long. The one above is 234 words, and I cannot identify the irrelevant details I included.

Please, give me tips on how to make my essays shorter, and point out the extraneous details in the essay above.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221104-072417_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221104-072417_Chrome.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 1

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The maps illustrate Sawry District in 1920 and 2020.

Overall, a big an office complex, apartment buildings and more road infrastructure have been added. to the district.

In 1920, the district it was divided into a northern and southern section by Oak Avenue, an east-west road that had with shops and houses. along it. Tulebug Bros. Cannery, a big factory with trees north and east of it, dominated the northwestern section; while the northeast had a side road with houses on its one side and the Elmwood River beach. which had a beach along it. In the southwest corner was Miller's Lake, with Prestwich Primary School to the north of it and many trees to the east. of it. Furthermore, To the east of the school was an east-west side road connected to Oak Avenue.

Here's a few ways to cut some words. I don't have time to do the whole thing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.