Afghanistan
Hi ,

is this sentence correct

”In relation to the costs, this also as per the company’s agreement with bank.”

Thanks

Hi,

Is this sentence correct?

Thanks.
No. Your quoted sentence is ungrammatical, and the meaning is unclear.
Please use more words to explain what you're trying to say. I suspect that the verb "apply (to)" might be of use to you.

No. Your quoted sentence is ungrammatical, and the meaning is unclear.
Please use more words to explain what you're trying to say. I suspect that the verb "apply (to)" might be of use to you.

“In relation to the bank charge issue, this is as per the company’s agreement with bank.”

Is this correct?

Just say: The company has agreed to pay for the bank charges.

The main problem is "this is as per".

Use simpler words than 'this is as per'.

Get straight to the point. The sentence is not short on words but short on clarity. What bank charge issue and what agreement? Has your company agreed to pay the bank charges? Your "agreement" seems to me like a formal contract and with "as per", sounds all the more formal.

Last edited:
The comments above are all correct. You will also want to add an article: the bank.

Did you write the sentence? If you didn't, who did? It always helps us to know the source.

The sentence sounds as if it is an extract from a legal opinion. Legal documents are often written in a style that is very different to standard usage.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sentence sounds as if it is an extract from a legal opinion. Legal documents are often written in a style that is very different to standard usage.
And business letters and memos.

I thought it is a trend to reduce the verbosity.

I thought there was a trend to reduce the verbosity.
There is, but it could be the best part of a century before you see a widespread change in legal and business English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back