Idioms Beginning With: 'I'
results for letter 'I
- It's as broad as it is long
- (UK) Used to express that it is impossible to decide between two options because they're equal.
- It's been a slice
- (USA) When someone leaves and you have said your goodbyes it is usually the last thing you may say..........It's been a slice. I use it after a visit where we have had a good time.
- It's no use crying over spilt milk
- This idiom means that getting upset after something has gone wrong is pointless; it can't be changed so it should be accepted.
- It's not the size of the dog in fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog
- Usually refering to a small dog attacking a larger animal, this means that fierceness is not necessarily a matter of physical size, but rather mental/psychological attitude.
- It's not the size of the man in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the man
- This idiom means that determination is often more important than size, strength, or ability. ('It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.' is also used.)
- It's your funeral
- The other person has made a decision that you think is bad. However, it is their choice; it is their funeral.
- Itch to
- If you are itching to do something, you are very eager to do it.
- Itchy feet
- One gets itchy feet when one has been in one place for a time and wants to travel.
- Ivory tower
- People who live in ivory towers are detached from the world around them.
have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms
Discussion Forum. If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please
use our online form to suggest an idiom.
Members Get More
- Sign up for free and gain access to many more idioms
and slang expressions. Register now