Idiom: Not know you are born
Meaning: This indicates that the person described is unaware of his or her good fortune or is unaware of how difficult day to day life was before he/she was born. Typical usage: 'Kids today don't know they are born'.Country: International English | Subject Area: General | Usage Type: Both or All Words Used
- Born with a silver spoon in your mouth
- Born to the purple
- Not born yesterday
- Born on the wrong side of the blanket
- Born on the wrong side of the tracks
- Were you born in a field?
- Were you born in a barn?
- I may have been born at night, but not last night
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!