What does 'Throw a sickie' mean?
If you pretend to be ill to take a day off work or school, you throw a sickie.
- Category: General
Idioms similar to 'Throw a sickie'
- Not trust someone further than you can throw them
- Throw someone a line
- Throw someone in at the deep end
- Throw the book at someone
- Throw your weight around
- Stone's throw
- Throw a spanner in the works
- Throw your toys out of the pram
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!