What does 'Throw the book at someone' mean?
- In my book
- By the book
- Open book
- Every trick in the book
- Take a leaf out of someone's book
- Closed book to me
- Close the book
- Oldest trick in the book
- Don't judge a book by the cover
- Throw someone a line
- Throw someone in at the deep end
- Not trust someone further than you can throw them
- Throw your weight around
- Stone's throw
- Throw a sickie
- Throw a spanner in the works
- Throw your toys out of the pram
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.