What does 'Throw someone a line' mean?
Meaning: If someone throws you a line, they give you help when you are in serious difficulties.
Idioms similar to 'Throw someone a line'
- Walk the line
- Cross the line
- Drop someone a line
- The line forms on the right
- Thin line
- Draw the line
- Bottom line
- Spinning a line
- Walk a fine line
- Draw a line in the sand
- Not trust someone further than you can throw them
- Throw a sickie
- Throw the book at someone
- Stone's throw
- Throw someone in at the deep end
- Throw your weight around
- Throw a spanner in the works
- Throw your toys out of the pram
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.