Results for: Far
- Length: 3 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word :
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This is used in the Southern States of America
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Irregular Adjective
- You can use FURTHER for distance or time
- You can use FARTHER only for distance
- You can use FAR before a comparative with the meaning 'much'
- You can say FURTHER INFORMATION, meaning 'more information'
- You cannot use FARTHER with words like INFORMATION
Related Glossary Definitions:
Definitions of Far:
New Zealand |