Results for: Such
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word :
- SUCH AS means 'for example'
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- So + Adjective or Adverb, Such + Noun Phrase
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- If SUCH is used with a noun, it doesn't necessarily have to be followed by an article
- The noun or noun phrase after SUCH doen't have to include an adjective
- Examiners' Favourite!!
- AS on its own isn't used with the meaning 'for example'
- In gap-filling exercises, if you're looking for one word meaning 'for example' use LIKE
Definitions of Such:
New Zealand |