Summary: What is the correct word order with 'enough'?
Enough comes before nouns:
- I didn't have enough money. (Money is a noun)
- Are there enough of the copies I made for everybody?
- I've had enough of this rubbish.
We also use enough of before object personal pronouns:
- Were enough of them there last night?
NB Sometimes people put enough after a noun, but this is for effect as it sounds a bit archaic and formal.
Enough can be used before an infinitive:
- They don't have enough to eat.
Enjoyed this article?
Please help us spread the word: