[Essay] The H-3 operation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phantoms (capitalised) indicate that I'm talking about a kind of war craft. But, I capitalised it not in order to show that 8 (ghosts or phantoms) were ready to do a tough task.

Yes, I am :-D

I guess you are saying that on that mission at least they were, in a sense, stealth aircraft.

Yes, I do. It means to frighten somebody that it finally eventuates to the the rising up of his hair.

I have never seen it that way. Instead, when somebody bristles at something he becomes angry. Possibility:

He bristled at my suggestion. He called me a "damn fool" and said I didn't know what I was talking about.

I have never seen it that way. Instead, when somebody bristles at something he becomes angry. Possibility:

He bristled at my suggestion. He called me a "damn fool" and said I didn't know what I was talking about.

There is a famous book named 1100 Word You Need to Know. it has been written in it that "bristle" means "stiffen with fear or anger".

There is a famous book named 1100 WordS You Need to Know. it has SAYS in it that "bristle" means "stiffen with fear or anger".

Written words are forever. That's why they are regarded as being in present tense.

I suppose "bristle" could be used to indicate fear (The hairs stood up on the back of my neck), but I am only familiar with the "anger" usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back