What does 'Behind someone's back' mean?
If you do something behind someone's back, you do it without telling them.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
Idioms similar to 'Behind someone's back'
- On my back
- Put or get someone's back up
- Make a rod for your own back
- Watch your back
- Fed up to the back teeth
- Back foot
- Like the back of your hand
- Back-handed compliment
- Talk out of the back of your head
- You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!