What does 'You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' mean?
This idiom means that if you do something for me, I'll return the favour.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
Idioms similar to 'You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'
- Handwriting like chicken scratch
- On my back
- Put or get someone's back up
- Behind someone's back
- Make a rod for your own back
- Like the back of your hand
- Watch your back
- Fed up to the back teeth
- Back foot
- Back-handed compliment
- Talk out of the back of your head
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!