What does 'Back the wrong horse' mean?
- Eat like a horse
- Could eat a horse
- Stalking horse
- Horse of a different color
- From the horse's mouth
- Healthy as a horse
- Horse trading
- Charley horse
- Dark horse
- On your high horse
- Putting the cart before the horse
- Short horse soon curried
- Beating a dead horse
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- Flogging a dead horse
- Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
- Close the stable door after the horse has bolted
- Be on the pig's back
- Get the monkey off your back
- Water off a duck's back
- Break the back of the beast
- Straw that broke the camel's back
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.