Idiom: Close the stable door after the horse has bolted
What does 'Close the stable door after the horse has bolted' mean?
- Category: Animals
Idioms similar to 'Close the stable door after the horse has bolted'
- Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted
- Keep the wolf from the door
- Eat like a horse
- Could eat a horse
- From the horse's mouth
- Healthy as a horse
- On your high horse
- Dark horse
- Charley horse
- Horse of a different color
- Horse trading
- Stalking horse
- Back the wrong horse
- Flogging a dead horse
- Putting the cart before the horse
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- Short horse soon curried
- Beating a dead horse
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!