What does 'Horse of a different color' mean?
If something is a horse of a different color, it's a different matter or separate issue altogether.
Idioms similar to 'Horse of a different color'
- Could eat a horse
- Eat like a horse
- Stalking horse
- Healthy as a horse
- Horse trading
- Charley horse
- From the horse's mouth
- Dark horse
- On your high horse
- Beating a dead horse
- Flogging a dead horse
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- Short horse soon curried
- Back the wrong horse
- Putting the cart before the horse
- Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted
- Close the stable door after the horse has bolted
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!