What does 'Charley horse' mean?
A charley horse is a stiff leg or a cramp, especially in the leg.
Idioms similar to 'Charley horse'
- Eat like a horse
- Could eat a horse
- Horse trading
- Healthy as a horse
- Stalking horse
- Horse of a different color
- From the horse's mouth
- On your high horse
- Dark horse
- Short horse soon curried
- Putting the cart before the horse
- Flogging a dead horse
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- Back the wrong horse
- Beating a dead horse
- Close the stable door after the horse has bolted
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
- Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!