What does 'From the horse's mouth' mean?
- From the horse's mouth
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- Could eat a horse
- Eat like a horse
- Healthy as a horse
- Stalking horse
- Charley horse
- Horse trading
- Horse of a different color
- Dark horse
- On your high horse
- Beating a dead horse
- Putting the cart before the horse
- Flogging a dead horse
- Short horse soon curried
- Back the wrong horse
- Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
- Close the stable door after the horse has bolted
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.