What does 'From the horse's mouth' mean?
If you hear something from the horse's mouth, you hear it directly from the person concerned or responsible.
- Category: Animals
Idioms similar to 'From the horse's mouth'
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- Eat like a horse
- Could eat a horse
- Stalking horse
- Charley horse
- Healthy as a horse
- Dark horse
- Horse trading
- On your high horse
- Horse of a different color
- Beating a dead horse
- Short horse soon curried
- Putting the cart before the horse
- Flogging a dead horse
- Back the wrong horse
- Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted
- Close the stable door after the horse has bolted
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!