What does 'Putting the cart before the horse' mean?
- When you put the cart before the horse, you are doing something the wrong way round.
- Category: Animals
Idioms similar to 'Putting the cart before the horse'
- Eat like a horse
- Could eat a horse
- Healthy as a horse
- Stalking horse
- Charley horse
- Horse trading
- Horse of a different color
- From the horse's mouth
- Dark horse
- On your high horse
- Beating a dead horse
- Flogging a dead horse
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- Short horse soon curried
- Back the wrong horse
- Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted
- Close the stable door after the horse has bolted
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!