What does 'Putting the cart before the horse' mean?
When you put the cart before the horse, you are doing something the wrong way round.
- Category: Animals
Idioms similar to 'Putting the cart before the horse'
- Eat like a horse
- Could eat a horse
- Horse trading
- Healthy as a horse
- Stalking horse
- Charley horse
- Dark horse
- Horse of a different color
- On your high horse
- From the horse's mouth
- Flogging a dead horse
- Back the wrong horse
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- Short horse soon curried
- Beating a dead horse
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
- Close the stable door after the horse has bolted
- Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!