Idiom: Healthy as a horse
Meaning: If you're as healthy as a horse, you're very healthy.Country: International English | Subject Area: Animals | Usage Type: Both or All Words Used
All idioms have been editorially reviewed, and submitted idioms may have been edited for correctness and completeness.
- Putting the cart before the horse
- Flogging a dead horse
- Dark horse
- On your high horse
- Eat like a horse
- Close the stable door after the horse has bolted
- Could eat a horse
- Back the wrong horse
- From the horse's mouth
- Beating a dead horse
- Horse of a different color
- Horse trading
- Put the carriage before the horse
- Stalking horse
- Short horse soon curried
- Charley horse
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
- Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise
- Get back on the horse that bucked you
Idiom eBooks from UsingEnglish.com
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.
- View examples in Google: Healthy as a horse
- Idiom Quizzes