What does 'Short horse soon curried' mean?
A convenient and superficial explanation that is normally unconvincing is a short horse soon curried.
Contributor: Herman Moyo
Country: International English | Subject Area: Animals | Usage Type: Both or All Words Used
- Keep on a short leash
- Could eat a horse
- Eat like a horse
- Horse of a different color
- Charley horse
- Dark horse
- On your high horse
- Stalking horse
- Horse trading
- Healthy as a horse
- From the horse's mouth
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- Flogging a dead horse
- Back the wrong horse
- Putting the cart before the horse
- Beating a dead horse
- Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted
- Close the stable door after the horse has bolted
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.