What does 'Short horse soon curried' mean?
A convenient and superficial explanation that is normally unconvincing is a short horse soon curried.
- Category: Animals
- Contributed By: Herman Moyo
Idioms similar to 'Short horse soon curried'
- Keep on a short leash
- Could eat a horse
- Eat like a horse
- Horse of a different color
- Charley horse
- Dark horse
- On your high horse
- Stalking horse
- Horse trading
- Healthy as a horse
- From the horse's mouth
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- Flogging a dead horse
- Back the wrong horse
- Putting the cart before the horse
- Beating a dead horse
- Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted
- Close the stable door after the horse has bolted
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!