What does 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth' mean?
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
- From the horse's mouth
- Eat like a horse
- Could eat a horse
- On your high horse
- Stalking horse
- Charley horse
- Healthy as a horse
- Horse of a different color
- Dark horse
- Horse trading
- Back the wrong horse
- Putting the cart before the horse
- Flogging a dead horse
- Beating a dead horse
- Short horse soon curried
- Close the stable door after the horse has bolted
- Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.