What does 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth' mean?
This means that if you are given something, a present or a chance, you should not waste it by being too critical or examining it too closely.
- Category: Animals
Idioms similar to 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth'
- From the horse's mouth
- Eat like a horse
- Could eat a horse
- Stalking horse
- Charley horse
- Healthy as a horse
- On your high horse
- Dark horse
- Horse of a different color
- Horse trading
- Back the wrong horse
- Putting the cart before the horse
- Short horse soon curried
- Flogging a dead horse
- Beating a dead horse
- Close the stable door after the horse has bolted
- Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!