What does 'Hand to mouth' mean?
Someone who's living from hand to mouth, is very poor and needs the little money they have coming in to cover their expenses.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
Idioms similar to 'Hand to mouth'
- Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing
- Bad mouth
- Down in the mouth
- Run your mouth off
- Heart in your mouth
- Put your money where your mouth is
- Out of both sides of your mouth
- Foot in mouth
- Put your foot in your mouth
- By word of mouth
- Word of mouth
- Bad taste in your mouth
- Born with a silver spoon in your mouth
- Hand in hand
- Go hand in hand
- Out of hand
- Put your hand on your heart
- Give a big hand
- In the palm of your hand
- Upper hand
- Like the back of your hand
- One hand washes the other
- Give me a hand
- Sleight of hand
- Close at hand
- Good hand
- Can't see your hand in front of your face
- Don't bite the hand that feeds
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!