What does 'Give a big hand' mean?
Meaning: Applaud by clapping hands. 'Let's give all the contestents a big hand.'
Country: International English | Subject Area: Body and bodily functions | Usage Type: Both or All Words Used
- Give me a hand
- Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing
- Go hand in hand
- Hand in hand
- Out of hand
- Sleight of hand
- Close at hand
- Good hand
- One hand washes the other
- Put your hand on your heart
- Upper hand
- Hand to mouth
- In the palm of your hand
- Like the back of your hand
- Don't bite the hand that feeds
- Can't see your hand in front of your face
- Give the nod
- Give someone a leg up
- Give your eye teeth
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.