What does 'Close at hand' mean?
If something is close at hand, it is nearby or conveniently located.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
Idioms similar to 'Close at hand'
- Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing
- Close shave
- Close lipped
- Close to your heart
- Go hand in hand
- Hand in hand
- Out of hand
- In the palm of your hand
- Give a big hand
- Sleight of hand
- Put your hand on your heart
- Upper hand
- Like the back of your hand
- One hand washes the other
- Give me a hand
- Good hand
- Hand to mouth
- Can't see your hand in front of your face
- Don't bite the hand that feeds
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!