What does 'Don't bite the hand that feeds' mean?
Meaning: When someone says this to you, they are trying to tell you not to act against those on whom you depend.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
- Contributor: Alea Roach
Idioms similar to 'Don't bite the hand that feeds'
- Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing
- Bite your lip
- Bite someone's head off
- Bite your tongue
- Go hand in hand
- Hand in hand
- Out of hand
- In the palm of your hand
- Hand to mouth
- Give a big hand
- Upper hand
- Good hand
- Sleight of hand
- Close at hand
- Like the back of your hand
- One hand washes the other
- Give me a hand
- Put your hand on your heart
- Can't see your hand in front of your face
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.