What does 'Give someone stick' mean?
If someone gives you stick, they criticise you or punish you.
Idioms similar to 'Give someone stick'
- Give it some stick
- You can't beat that with a stick
- More than you can shake a stick at
- In a cleft stick
- Wrong end of the stick
- Give and take
- Give someone the axe
- I don't give a pin!
- Give as good as you get
- Give someone the runaround
- Give someone a piece of your mind
- I hereby give notice of my intention
- Couldn't give two hoots
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!