Meaning: If someone gives you stick, they criticise you or punish you.
Idioms similar to 'Give someone stick'
- Give it some stick
- You can't beat that with a stick
- More than you can shake a stick at
- In a cleft stick
- Wrong end of the stick
- Give and take
- Give someone the axe
- I don't give a pin!
- Give as good as you get
- Give someone the runaround
- Give someone a piece of your mind
- I hereby give notice of my intention
- Couldn't give two hoots
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.