What does 'Thumb your nose at' mean?
If you thumb your nose at something, you reject it or scorn it.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
Idioms similar to 'Thumb your nose at'
- Under your thumb
- Rule of thumb
- Put your thumb on the scales
- Stick out like a sore thumb
- Nose in the air
- On the nose
- Big nose
- Pay through the nose
- Under your nose
- Win by a nose
- Follow your nose
- Keep your nose clean
- Keep your nose to the grindstone
- No skin off my nose
- Turn your nose up
- Brown nose
- Powder your nose
- Put somebody's nose out of joint
- Plain as the nose on your face
- Cut off your nose to spite your face
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!