What does 'Win by a nose' mean?
If somebody wins by a nose, they only just beat the others.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
Idioms similar to 'Win by a nose'
- Pay through the nose
- Nose in the air
- Big nose
- Under your nose
- On the nose
- Follow your nose
- Keep your nose clean
- Keep your nose to the grindstone
- No skin off my nose
- Thumb your nose at
- Turn your nose up
- Brown nose
- Powder your nose
- Put somebody's nose out of joint
- Plain as the nose on your face
- Cut off your nose to spite your face
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!