What does 'Turn your nose up' mean?
If someone turns their nose up at something, they reject it or look odwn on it because they don't think it is good enough for them.
- Category: Body and bodily functions
Idioms similar to 'Turn your nose up'
- Win by a nose
- Big nose
- Nose in the air
- On the nose
- Pay through the nose
- Under your nose
- Keep your nose clean
- Follow your nose
- Put somebody's nose out of joint
- Keep your nose to the grindstone
- No skin off my nose
- Powder your nose
- Brown nose
- Thumb your nose at
- Plain as the nose on your face
- Cut off your nose to spite your face
- Turn something on its head
- Turn the other cheek
- Turn a deaf ear
- Turn a blind eye
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!