What does 'Money doesn`t grow on trees' mean?
Meaning: This means that you have to work to earn money; it doesn't come easily or without effort.
Country: International English | Subject Area: Money | Usage Type: Both or All Words Used
- For my money
- Money pit
- Money for jam
- Pin money
- On the money
- Rolling in money
- Made of money
- Money talks
- Money laundering
- Money to burn
- Money for old rope
- Give someone a run for their money
- Show me the money
- Money makes many things
- A fool and his money are soon parted
- License to print money
- Make money hand over fist
- You pays your money and you takes your chances
- You pays your money and you takes your choice
- Money burns a hole in your pocket
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.